The Canadian Government Task Force on Marijuana Legalization and Regulation just released its report titled “A Framework for the Legalization and Regulation of Cannabis Daniel Kilgore Jersey in Canada“.
Editor’s note: Interesting that they have started using the term “Cannabis” over “marijuana”. See this earlier blog post about that.
Highlights of the recommendations:
- Limit sales to those 18 and over
- Severely limit Daniel Kilgore Authentic Jersey cannabis advertising
- Allow public possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana, and up to four cannabis plants at home.
- Allow for retail sales and for indoor marijuana lounges.
- Create a diverse cannabis industry including cultivation, production and retail/wholesale cannabis distribution market, with an eye to encouraging smaller and indigenous owned businesses.
- Protect children through several measures
- Taxes based on potency.
- Plain packaging for cannabis indicating THC and CBD content and its origin, along with health warnings.
- An education campaign about the potential dangers of cannabis.
- Ensuring that the derivative edible products are not appealing to children.
- Discourage sale in stores that also sell tobacco or alcohol — “wherever possible.”
- Continue with some criminal sanctions but remove Daniel Kilgore Womens Jersey most criminal penalties for marijuana, other than for serious offences. License violations would be treated with fines and civil sanctions.
- Invest to research to determine how to judge for cannabis related impairment, and technology for Daniel Kilgore Youth Jersey detection of impaired drivers. Educate vulnerable populations about the dangers of cannabis related impaired driving.
- Prohibit mixed products such as cannabis infused alcohol products Daniel Kilgore Kids Jersey or cannabis products with tobacco, nicotine or caffeine
You can get a copy of the report here.